Our Art curriculum aims to nurture and develop children’s creativity. Art allows children the opportunity to express themselves in different ways. Our diverse curriculum teaches children a broad variety of creative skills using a wide range of different media. We teach not only how to make a piece of artwork, but every step in the creative process including immersion in an artist or style, planning a piece, making and then reflecting back to improve pieces. Children will be exposed to a huge variety of artists and artistic styles and our curriculum gives learners an in depth look at different art and cultures from around the world. We want to inspire children to be creative and individual in their artwork, allowing them the opportunity to explore, try different approaches and express themselves in a truly creative way.
The aims of Art are:
- to enable children to record from first-hand experience and from imagination, and to select their own ideas to use in their work
- to develop creativity and imagination through a range of complex activities
- to improve the children’s ability to control materials, tools and techniques
- to increase their critical awareness of the roles and purposes of art and design in different times and cultures
- to develop increasing confidence in the use of visual and tactile elements and materials
- to foster an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and a knowledge of artists, craftspeople and designers
We follow the Kapow lessons for ART.