Coding club is currently being offered to children in Y4 and gives them the opportunity to learn the Scratch coding programme.
They learn how to make their own video games, create toe-tapping music and make amazing animations - all by entering computer code!
At coding club children learn to:
- Be independent
- Be creative problem solvers
- Be reflective
- Pay attention to detail
- Read and write using a variety of coding language
- Be resilient
- To understand that computer programs are a set of instructions.
- To be able to put instructions together to achieve basic outcomes.
- To explore and use technology to create and manipulate digital content
The club runs on Wednesdays at lunchtime in Mr Le Page's classroom.