Design and Technology
In Design and Technology children:
- Apply art and design skills to investigate texture and colour and to generate and develop ideas, clarify a task, create design proposals, plan and evaluate.
- Acquire and refine the practical skills associated with making, including working with materials and components, tools and processes eg planning, measuring and marking out, cutting and shaping, joining and combining, finishing and evaluating.
- Apply scientific skills eg prediction and fair testing and concepts eg forces and properties of materials.
- Apply mathematical skills eg measuring accurately, working with angles, drawing and interpreting tables, graphs and charts.
- Apply ICT skills eg using control to make things happen, databases and spreadsheets to handle information, design programmes and interrogating electronic sources of information.
- Use language and communication skills to question, describe and explain their ideas and understanding to a range of audiences.
- Use appropriate technological, scientific and mathematical language.
- Read non-fiction texts to extract information.