Learning Leaders are a small team of Year 6 children who support the senior leadership of the school to help drive new initiaitives in school. They work with the Head teacher and Deputy Head teacher to complete work scrutinies, carry out pupil surveys and have taken part in full pupil inspections of the whole school providing the staff with valuable feedback.
Learning Leaders are appointed in the summer term of Year 5 when positions are advertised and all children in Year 5 have ann opportunity to complete an application form and apply. Following interviews, successful candidates are offered positions for the start of the new academic year.
In the last academic year Learning Leaders have been involved in:
- supporting the senior leadership team during assemblies by monitoring behaviour and rewarding positive role models with house points
- designing and creating a special certificate to be awarded half termly for excellent contribution and participation in assemblies and collective worship
- welcoming visitors to school who have come to lead whole school assemblies
- thanking visitors on behalf of the school following an assembly
- providing guided tours of the school to visitors or new parents
- planning, organising and managaing a tea party for helpers and volunteers during the summer term
- giving written and verbal feedback to children and their teacher after a class assembly to the whole school in preparation for the performance to parents and carers
- carrying out a pupil survey on the introduction of Decider Life Skills
The Learning Leader team work closely with the Deputy Head teacher, Mrs Elliott.