La Mare de Carteret Primary School Enjoy, Learn, Succeed

Get In Touch

Log In Log in

Can’t find what your looking for ?

Translate / Traduire / Übersetzen / Tłumaczyć / Išversti / Tulkot / Traducir

Listen & Communicate

Medical Information

What do I do if my child is unwell?

Please let the school know as soon as possible. We will need to know why they are not at school as this will be recorded on the register as a medical absence.


What do I do if I am unsure whether they are ill or not?

If you are unsure and think they may be fine, send them in and let us know and we will always contact you if needed. Often children perk up at school and do not need to stay at home.


My child had vomiting and/or diarrohea. When can they come back to school?

Children must stay off school until 48 hours have passed from the last bout of either vomiting and/or diarrohea even if they appear to have recovered.


My child needs to take medication in school, will the school administer it?

Most medication can be given outside of school hours by the parent or carers however if this is not the case, the school will dispense medicine to a child. We must comply by Education Services Medicines in School Policy and all prescribed medicines must be in their original packaging with the dispensing information on the label.  Parents and carers must sign our permission document at the office before any medicines can be given by school staff.


My child has a serious or recurring illness. How can the school support them?

If a child's needs are deemed above and beyond normal childhood illnesses, they will need a School Health Plan. This will be created collaboratively with parents and carers, the School Nurse and SENDCo.