Parent Rep Group
We established our Parent Rep group in 2015. Originally we started with two parents per year group, however we would now like to expand and extend our group and are looking for new recruits!
The role of a Parent Rep is primarily concerned with helping the school to build and maintain a sense of community within our school.
It is a purely voluntary role and as a school we continue to be extremely grateful for the time that our team of reps dedicate to their positions.
If you are interested in joining the Parent Rep group or would like more information please contact Mrs Elliott.
Aims of the group
- To help build and maintain clear communications between the parents/carers and teachers of each class/year group.
- To help the SLT and staff team to build a sense of community and to foster positive parental partnerships
- Introduce new families to other parents/carers in the class/year group and help integrate them into the school community in association with teachers
- To support School Development priorities by sharing feedback from parents and carers on new school policies and initiatives
Reps carry out a number of tasks, some of which include
- attending a meeting each half term with Mrs Elliott or Mrs Ford to share feedback and gather parental views
- attending new parents evening in the summer term
- supporting new families to settle in that may join us during the school year
- helping class teachers to recruit parent/carer volunteers for activities and events throughout the year eg, accompanying school trips, assisting with school productions (costumes, make-up, props etc), helping with sea swimming
- managing and maintaining year group Facebook pages, adding content to aid communication with parents and carers, answering comments and queries etc
Year Group Facebook Pages
Parent Reps have created closed, private Facebook groups that are only for parents/carers of children who are currently on the school roll. The groups provide a forum for parents to ask questions, to check what is happening in school and share feedback. Reps monitor pages regularly and remove any posts that are offensive or critical of any individual. If you are not a member of these pages and would like to join please speak to your rep.